Top 10 Healthy Foods to Eat to Detox Your Body (Part II)
In Part I of this two-part blog series, we began our discussion of why your body needs proper nutrition during alcohol and drug rehab treatment. In this segment, we will provide details about what foods are the best to detox your body and restore lost nutrients. The types of foods and amount of nutrition required do vary, based upon the addiction. You should also try to purchase fresh or frozen foods, as they are the least refined and processed.
- Eggs – Eggs should be part of your breakfast routine and are a good source of protein.
- Fish – Choose fish that contains Omega 3s, like salmon, tuna, or trout.
- Poultry – Both chicken and turkey are good sources of protein.
- Nuts – Eat good nuts, like dry-roasted low-sodium almonds and peanuts.
- Yogurt – Look for ones that contain probiotics and avoid the ones with high sugar content.
- Good Fats – Olive oil and flax seed oil are great for cooking with in place of margarine and butter.
- Leafy Vegetables – Lettuce, spinach, seaweed, and others help flush out toxins.
- Citrus Fruits – Oranges, lemons, and limes are great flavor enhancers.
- Berries – Berries contain antioxidants to strengthen the immune system.
- Water – Water helps keep the body hydrated.
This is just a sampling of some of the foods you should start eating. For help developing healthy eating habits while recovering from an addiction, contact the Wellness Center of NJ at 201-932-1695 today!