Mental Health Treatment in New Jersey
Mental Health Treatment
Perhaps you feel a little “off.” Maybe you have noticed a rising sense of panic or nervousness in spite of knowing you are not in danger. Maybe you are experiencing mood swings that are changing in their frequency and intensity. Or maybe you have even experienced trauma or accident that has left you feeling scared, alone, or helpless.
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration estimates that one in every five Americans suffers from some form of mental illness. Nearly 5 percent of the general population have what would be considered a serious mental illness, one that results in substantial difficulty carrying out the day-to-day activities of a person’s life.
Wellness Center New Jersey can help
Providing expert psychiatric evaluation and management from Cliffside Park, New Jersey, clinicians will take the time to gather a comprehensive history and discuss the most effective treatment options available. Board-certified psychiatrists work in conjunction with qualified therapists to provide patients with the most comprehensive Substance Abuse Treatment in Nj experience available. Our office provides care for patients experiencing:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder or Trauma
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) or Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Borderline Personality Disorder
However, while patients with a pre-diagnosed condition can seek Substance Abuse Treatment in New York for their condition, people who are not sure whether they are suffering from a mental health condition are often reluctant to seek help. Instead, these people choose to shrug off a relative, friend, or neighbor’s concern. They chalk their problems up to not sleeping well or working too much. They may even become angry when someone suggests they need to seek professional help.
While mental illness still carries with it a stigma of weakness in this country, it is important that those experiencing a mental health crisis seek help from a qualified professional rather than turning to friends for advice or to substance abuse for an escape. If you or a loved one suspects they need Substance Abuse Treatment in NYC or NJ, begin by asking these questions.
- Are you having difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep?
- Have you noticed changes in your mood or changes in the severity of your mood swings?
- Do you have difficulty concentrating?
- Do you no longer enjoy the things you previously enjoyed?
- Are you nervous without having an explanation?
- Has your alcohol consumption increased? Or have you begun using prescription drugs for something other than their intended purpose?
- Do you use illicit drugs?
- Do you have feelings of worthlessness or helplessness?
- Have you experienced a traumatic event?
- Do you have frequent flashbacks or nightmares to a previous trauma?
- Are you withdrawing from meaningful relationships in your life?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it is important to contact Wellness Center New Jersey for a consultation. Our modern, comfortable office is home to board-certified professionals who specialize in helping our patients maintain their mental health through the latest therapy and psychiatric techniques. From medication management to psychotherapy, Wellness Center New Jersey wants to help you on your path to better mental health. We use various therapeutic modalities, a cross-functional team, and a holistic treatment approach to ensure our clients make progress consistent with self-improvement and life advancement